The best laptop of 2022 may have a range of manufacturers, costs, and features. Other top laptops include 2-in-1 convertibles, gaming laptops, and Chromebooks. Business laptops running Windows 10, and laptops for schools are also included in this year’s list.
The MacBook Air is our current choice for the best laptop of 2022. It’s a tool that essentially performs everything correctly. It is a fantastic choice for work, surfing, and even light gaming.
The best laptops strike a balance between power, efficiency, portability, and comfort. The display ought to be bright, clear, and sharp enough to prevent eye strain from glare from visible pixels and jagged edges. It needs to be portable and able to function continuously without the requirement for a plug.
Asus ROG Zephyrus G15, MacBook Pro 16, and HP Spectre x360 14 are some of our top laptop recommendations. If you’re looking for a powerful machine that doesn’t sacrifice mobility, check out the rest of our recommendations below or our roundup of the best gaming laptops.
- Apple MacBook Air (M2).
The best laptop of 2022 is the Apple MacBook Air (M2).
- The best laptop for most people is the most recent MacBook Air, which uses an M2 CPU from Apple.
- The entry-level model costs $1,199 and comes with 8GB of memory, 256GB of storage, an 8-core CPU, and an 8-core GPU.
- Although the M1 Pro or M1 Max processors found within the larger (and more expensive) MacBook Pro models are faster and more powerful, the M2 CPU inside is still incredibly quick.
- The 2020-released M1 MacBook Air is still being sold by Apple.
- We advise you to take into account the M1 MacBook Air if the M2 model is out of your budget range.
2. Apple PRO (14-INCH AND 16-INCH)
A GOOD MACBOOK FOR ARTISTS
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is Apple’s most potent laptop to date. You’ll probably be happy with what this machine can achieve if you’re prepared to pay the price. It’s a pricey machine – and it’s very much worth the $1,000 mark-up.
- The MacBook Pro 16 performed better than any laptop we’ve ever used in our benchmarks, which measure a variety of creative tasks like encoding, playback, and export time. The battery life of the 16-inch configuration with the M1 Pro processor lasted 16 hours in my tests. (The M1 Max configuration didn’t last as long, but it still carried us through the day at work.)
- If you’re looking for a computer that can handle a heavy workload and double as a multimedia tool when you’re not working, then the MacBook Pro 16 is the right laptop for you.
- Despite being smaller, lighter, and less expensive than its 16-inch sibling, this device has the same colossal processor options and outstanding screen. The 14-inch MacBook Pro is probably more appropriate for you if you’re a creative worker who doesn’t quite want to spend the price of the MacBook Pro 16.
- With the identical processors, we didn’t see a significant difference in benchmark results between the 14-inch and 16-inch MacBooks. The main distinction to take into account is battery life. In some of our tests, the M1 Pro variant lasted for several hours longer thanks to the much larger battery it was equipped with.
3. MACBOOK AIR (M1)
BEST CHEAP LAPTOP: MACBOOK AIR (M1)
If you’re looking for a lightweight MacBook with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage, the M1 MacBook Air is probably out of your price range.
- The new Apple iPad Air 2 has a 13.3-inch, 2560 x 1600 screen, Touch ID, 720p webcam, fingerprint sensor, and scissor-switch keyboard.
- While not nearly as quick as the M2, the M1 is nonetheless quick. The M1 performed better than almost every thin and light laptop powered by Intel that we tested this year when dealing with heavy photo or video editing workloads.
- The battery life is likewise extremely similar to the M2’s, though not quite as fantastic. We worked continuously for eight to ten hours.
4. HP SPECTRE X360 14
THE BEST WINDOWS LAPTOP IS THE HP SPECTRE X360 14
- It’s challenging to identify just one problem with the Spectre x360 14. It is an exceptionally gorgeous computer with a sturdy design and a high-end look and feel.
- The Spectre x360 14 is not only nice to look at; daily commuting in it for work is enjoyable as well. We saw no sluggishness or freezing with the most recent 11th
- The rapid performance of Iris Xe integrated graphics with Gen Intel processors. The battery life of the device was also among the best we’ve ever seen, lasting an average of 10 hours. Outside, the Spectre sports a roomy 3:2 display. If FHD resolution isn’t your thing, there are also OLED and 1,000-nit options available. Even a stylus that can be used with the Spectre as a tablet is included; it adheres magnetically to the side of the device. Every single aspect of this laptop, from its comfortable keyboard and sleek touchpad to its bass-heavy audio and practical port options, is on par with or better than the best convertibles now available.
- Many customers will be able to find what they need in a less expensive device given the hefty cost of such an outstanding feature set. The Spectre x360 14 has, on the other hand, emerged as the new standard for Windows convertibles. Overall, it’s the best Windows laptop you can buy.
5. ASUS ROG ZEPHYRUS G15
THE BEST GAMING LAPTOP IS ASUS ROG ZEPHYRUS G15
- The Zephyrus G15, which weighs just over four pounds, is one of the most lightweight 15-inch gaming laptops currently on the market. You do not, however, give up performance in favor of portability. The G15 uses the finest mobile processors from AMD and Nvidia and has a speedy 165Hz QHD display. Throughout our testing, the system handled even the most taxing AAA titles at QHD resolution.
- Nearly all of the G15’s other features are also top-notch, including the audio quality, first-rate keyboard and touchpad, a variety of ports, and a battery life of more than 8.5 hours per charge. If you’re looking for an excellent daily driver and a strong gaming machine, the Zephyrus G15 should be at the top of your list.
6. ASUS ZENBOOK PRO DUO 14
THE BEST DUAL-SCREEN LAPTOP IS ASUS ZENBOOK PRO DUO 14
- We can actually recommend purchasing a dual-screen laptop at this time. In the past, the dual-screen form factor has been gimmicky, difficult to use, and difficult to see. But in order to make the Zenbook Duo 14 actually usable, Asus dramatically expanded the screen’s tilt, upped its resolution, and added an anti-glare etching.
- Thanks to Asus’ ScreenXpert software, users of the Zenbook Pro Duo effectively have a small, clear secondary OLED panel on their keyboard deck. The second screen can also be converted into a sizable touchpad because the device’s built-in touchpad is somewhat small. The device also includes a large 16:10 primary screen, powerful Intel and Nvidia CPUs, and other capabilities. Even though not everyone will choose the front-keyboard design, this cutting-edge tablet is the best choice for those who want many screens in one.
7. ASUS ROG ZEPHYRUS G14
The best laptop for mobile gaming is the ASUS ROG ZEPHYRUS G14.
- Because some of the models are too expensive for what they offer, this one warrants prudence. Make certain to buy the SKU for $1,649.99 that has the 6700S GPU. This specific model, in our opinion, is the best 14-inch gaming laptop on the market right now. It is really thin and only 3.79 pounds heavy, plus it has a fantastic keyboard, touchpad, port selection, and screen. There was little performance difference between the 6700S and 6800S models, and they produced dependable frame rates during our tests. A day’s worth of battery life was also provided, which is unusual for gaming laptops.
- If you want a computer with a moving grid of colored lights, you may even pay more for one with Asus’s AniMe Matrix. These models do have some cute features, such as the capacity to be customized to show text or photos of your choosing and the existence of a playable virtual pet, even though we don’t think they are particularly good value for the money.
8. ASUS CHROMEBOOK FLIP CX5
THE BEST 15-INCH CHROMEBOOK IS THE ASUS CHROMEBOOK FLIP CX5.
- We were astounded by the gorgeous $800 Chrome OS laptop, the Asus Chromebook Flip CX5. It is as sturdy and well-built as all different kinds of Windows laptops at higher price points, and it has distinctively smooth touch. It is equipped with all the necessary laptop features, such as a 57Wh battery, for speedy performance, long battery life, and quick charging.
- Numerous connectors, including an HDMI port and a MicroSD slot, are accessible. The speakers sound great, and the keyboard is comfortable. The CX5 from Asus is without a doubt the product to purchase if you’re looking for a Chromebook with a large screen because neither the chassis nor the performance has been sacrificed.
9. LG GRAM 17
THE BEST LAPTOP FOR LOVERS OF BIG SCREENS IS LG GRAM 17
- It’s difficult to express how light the LG Gram 17 is, even if you’ve already used a light laptop. Even though it has a massive 17-inch display, it just weighs three pounds. As soon as you pick it up, you start to doubt that you are actually holding anything.
- The Gram 17’s weight isn’t the only thing that sets it apart, though. One of the best battery life options is the battery, which in our testing lasted more than 12 hours. There isn’t anything to complain about with this gadget.
- When you incorporate a fantastic keyboard, several practical connectors, quiet fans, and a speedy processor.
- Many individuals who do require a 17-inch monitor are looking for a more robust workstation that is most likely not moved frequently. But not everyone requires one. However, you fall into the target demographic for this gadget if all you want is a large screen for Netflix and completing your typical office work.
- It’s a unique product that is really outstanding and currently faces little real competition.
10. HP ENVY X360 13
THE BEST BUDGET WINDOWS LAPTOP IS THE HP ENVY X360 13
- You don’t need to spend $1,000 to have a laptop that feels and looks expensive. Due to its sturdy and compact construction, chic convertible appearance, and exceptional performance, the HP Envy x360 is the best affordable laptop you can buy.
- The Envy offers a nearly bezel-free display, an 88 percent screen-to-body ratio, and a compact and lightweight chassis. The HP MPP2.0 pen is compatible with the touchscreen, which is appealing and clear. (You can choose a panel that is 300, 400, or 1,000 nits bright.) HP also added a row of practical hotkeys to the keyboard, including kill switches for the webcam and microphone.
- The Ryzen 5-4500U processors in my model were superb at managing a significant level of multitasking. Furthermore, AMD’s integrated Radeon graphics provided solid gaming performance compared to a discrete GPU but used less power.